Yoni massage is a type of massage that specifically focuses on the female genitalia, also known as the “yoni.” It is a type of tantric massage that is said to be focused on healing, pleasure, and sexual empowerment. The massage therapist uses specific techniques to massage the external and internal parts of the yoni, with the goal of promoting relaxation, healing, and orgasm. It is usually performed by a female therapist and is done with the consent and active participation of the person receiving the massage.
Yoni massage can have many benefits, including increasing blood flow and oxygenation to the genital area, releasing emotional and physical tension, and promoting deeper connection to one’s sexuality. It’s also said to improve the sexual function, self-confidence and self-knowledge, and overall relaxation. However, it’s important to note that there is no scientific evidence to support these claims and it’s not a treatment recognized by mainstream healthcare.
It’s important to note that any kind of massage or bodywork performed on the pelvic area, including yoni massage, should be done by a qualified and licensed therapist. It’s also important to make sure that you feel comfortable and safe with your therapist, and to communicate any boundaries or concerns you may have before, during, and after the session.
Yoni massage is not a widely recognized or mainstream form of massage therapy, and there is limited scientific research available on its benefits. The benefits that are often claimed by practitioners and some women who have had the massage include:
- Emotional and physical release: Yoni massage is said to help release emotional and physical tension in the pelvic area, including tension that may be held in the muscles and fascia.
- Increased blood flow and oxygenation: The massage is said to increase blood flow and oxygenation to the pelvic area, which can improve the overall health and function of the reproductive system.
- Improved sexual function: Yoni massage is said to improve sexual function and increase the capacity for pleasure and orgasm.
- Greater body awareness and self-knowledge: Yoni massage is said to help women become more aware of their bodies, their sensuality, and their sexuality, and to help them develop a deeper understanding and acceptance of themselves.
- Empowerment: Some women who receive yoni massage say that it helps them to feel more empowered and in control of their sexuality and their bodies.
It’s important to note that the above claims are not supported by scientific evidence. Additionally, yoni massage is a sensitive and intimate procedure, and it should only be performed by a qualified and licensed therapist who has the appropriate training, experience, and qualifications. It’s also important to make sure you feel comfortable and safe with your therapist, and to communicate any boundaries or concerns you may have before, during, and after the session.